ALOHA

Aloha greeted the quilters for their first meeting of the new year.
The program presented was on Hawaiian quilting, its history, and a demonstration of typical needle turned quilting and the Two for One Hula pattern. We were introduced to stapler basting, quick fusing, folding and carefully cutting, all to produce these unique blocks in a very short time.
Summertime was not idle time for these quilters who shared their latest endeavors. Terry used the blocks from one of last seasons program to produce this wall hanging/table square.
Let me preface this with I hate t-shirt quilts, especially using shirts from size 2 to large adult. And yet, when my precious girl flops down beside me, batting those beautiful brown eyes, "Nana, could you make me a quilt from my tee shirts...for college." "Of course," I say, "love ya". ..AAGGHH,I must be crazy races across my brain, that's 2 months, AAGGHH. And yes, a t-shirt quilt for a granddaughter going off to college is shipping tomorrow.
And Nancy has been busy with all those charity quilts she makes from scraps of this and scraps of that. Here are two examples of those quilts.
Marilyn brought a hawaiian style needle turned project to show; Linda was quilting a runner from a slash and stack block class last season. Everyone, I think, was just glad to be back together to talk "quilting". Next month, there will be another exciting class, making "spinning art fabric" at Nancy's.
Mahalo Nui Loa
(Thank you very much)

Comments

Popular Posts