Knitters Gather Around the Table


Ever wonder what knitters do when they gather. Well, mostly we talk with the sentences accented with a clickety-clack of the needles, an occasional oops, when a stitch is dropped, or other more explicit comments when errors become apparent. For me, those errors usually appear as I'm finishing an item, so smug that it's done. The great knitting gods often give me a reality check. I think just to keep me humble, and thus the expletives as I rip-out yet another project.



Sometimes, we just have to feel the fiber, get excited about the colors or examine the items in progress. What an array can be seen at any given meeting.






And then the final moment, when we throw vanity to the winds and try on an item we have just completed. This piece, looking exquisite on Wendy, was an interesting design for a shawl and looks perfect to ward off the cold drafts of winter in Iowa.

Comments

Popular Posts